Aa
A
A
Close
Geodon/Bipolar Question
So, My daughter has bipolar, we've tried a few medications.  Abilify caused massive wieght gain - so we've switched to Geodon.  She's been taking the Geodon for over a yr now and we've had this problem that I can't seem to change with anyother variable.... thus I'm asking if anyone else has this issue with Geodon.  She takes 40mg BID - about 2 hours after she takes it in the morning, she gets really angry and agressive and goes through a screaming manic phase and ends it with a 1-2 hour nap.  This has just recently started happening at night too. Please help or give some advise...
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
585414_tn?1288944902
Geodon can be activating and make a person irritable at times. All antipsychotics have the potential of weight gain the least 3 being Abilify, Saphris and Fanapt. If she has bipolar there are also standard mood stabilizers as well of course:
http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm
Comment
Cancel
585414_tn?1288944902
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I was the same way except without irritability; after two hours I was out like a light but then it suddenly became activating and I'm not sure why and then I had insomnia like crazy.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Geodon/Bipolar Question
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources