Bipolar Disorder Community
Geodon (Ziprasidone)

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Geodon (Ziprasidone)

how is this i am taking 20 and feel anioux(sp) all day long still.  He wants to move me up to 40.  does this anxiety stop any time soon.  i take litmical(sp) to 200mg.  will the geodon help me and when i am going out of my mind
also is it normal to feel fear of taking your meds while in a mixed state.  i am afraid they are making me worse,  is this normal for bipolar type 1  
Geodon can sometimes cause nervousness or anxiety. You could ask your psychiatrist if this is where it is coming from and if so what are other options.
can it work though??  is there a point where the anxiety stops.  I mean it doesnt stop - it keeps at me.   I have lost 6 pounds since Sunday!!  I can't do this.  is Geodon good though - what is good for bad anxiety!!! HELP
Geodon is an antipsychotic that is also used as a mood stabilizer. I'm not aware of its use for anxiety but you'd have to ask your psychiatrist more about that. It does seem that things need to be adjusted and/or changed but you'd have to speak to your psychiatrist to find out if the anxiety is just something untreated or a minor side effect of the Geodon and if it will go away in time. Think about when the anxiety started to get worse and speak to them about all this.
a week or so, but the last two days have been unbareable.
You definitely need to speak with your psychiatrist about this like ILADVOCATE says.  I get anxiety attacks for no reason at all at times myself and Geodon does not help it.  It never helped my anxiety at all but that's not the reason I'm taking it so I never expected it to get rid of anxiety and I also know of no intentions for it to be used in this nature.  I think it's a normal reaction to be afraid of taking meds if you think they're making you worse.
I take 80mg Geodon.  It does not cause anxiety for me and does not help my anxiety unless i'm in an up swing to mania.  Then it calms that down.  Give it some time.  If you are that anxious and lost that much weight, I would call your pdoc and see if he can help you out.  Sometimes medications can cause a side effect in one person and not someone else.  I don't have any problems at all with the medication.