Bipolar Disorder Community
Going to first support group this week any tips?
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Going to first support group this week any tips?

Hi Everyone, I'll be going to my first Bipolar Support Group this Thursday in Melbourne?  Anyone got any tips or things I should keep in mind all new for me don't know what to expect.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
952564_tn?1268372247
When my mom died I went to two different grief support groups, and I was in one support group after the birth of my second son, (I went in hopes to find a psychologist for my mood, but it was actually a support group of people court ordered into anger management. >.>)

I'm figuring all groups are the same just different topics. In one group we had to keep a journal and draw and such but there were a lot of kids in it, about 50-60, and I don't remember talking much. Mostly they talked to us and we watched videos, etc. The other group was a weekly support group at my school. There were about 6 of us in it and we would meet with the school counseolor and a psychologist and each take turns discussing how we were handling things, and the psychologist would talk about things. We just sat in a circle.

In the adult support group there were about 10 people. We all sat around a table with a social worker and she would talk to us about how to feel "happy" I guess? We received hand outs sometimes, practiced breathing exercises, but other times people would talk about their problems and concerns they were having. Sometimes a lot of people were able to talk but often only one or two people were able to talk.
Blank
1237757_tn?1323146719
Thanks Xila for being so open  and honest appreciate it :0)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank