Going to first support group this week any tips?
Hi Everyone, I'll be going to my first Bipolar Support Group this Thursday in Melbourne?  Anyone got any tips or things I should keep in mind all new for me don't know what to expect.
When my mom died I went to two different grief support groups, and I was in one support group after the birth of my second son, (I went in hopes to find a psychologist for my mood, but it was actually a support group of people court ordered into anger management. >.>)

I'm figuring all groups are the same just different topics. In one group we had to keep a journal and draw and such but there were a lot of kids in it, about 50-60, and I don't remember talking much. Mostly they talked to us and we watched videos, etc. The other group was a weekly support group at my school. There were about 6 of us in it and we would meet with the school counseolor and a psychologist and each take turns discussing how we were handling things, and the psychologist would talk about things. We just sat in a circle.

In the adult support group there were about 10 people. We all sat around a table with a social worker and she would talk to us about how to feel "happy" I guess? We received hand outs sometimes, practiced breathing exercises, but other times people would talk about their problems and concerns they were having. Sometimes a lot of people were able to talk but often only one or two people were able to talk.
Thanks Xila for being so open  and honest appreciate it :0)