Hallucinations - when are they too much?
Over the last few years my halluciations have increased - most are at night, but some during the day.  They run the range from sight, smell, taste, hearing and feelings.  Sleeping with the light on can be a good thing for me.  Question is...should i be concerned?  Is this a progress trait that is going to continue getting worse?
Yes if they've worsened you should definitely speak to your psychiatrist about it. Its unusual that they would be worse at night unless there are psychological issues that bring on stress that worsens it or the medication you are taking has a short half life and runs out at that time. You should explain that to your psychiatrist as well. Either way when hallucinations progress in this manner its best that a psychiatrist follow up so they can understand the cause and adjust the medication so they can treat it.
I once had repeated hallucinations too of the same thing during early morning time followed by an extremely scary one. I immediately made an appointment with my psychiatrist who termed the repeat visuals and voices as a seizure and told me to increase the dose of Klonopin which helps me relax more at night and sleep better so I don't have these hallucinations anymore. although I still sometimes see images or can sense things happening during the day but just brush them off thinking my mind is tired or i've retained some old memory in my head. Your psychiatrist of course would know best based on your symptoms and the meds you're on.
Taking your question bluntly and literally, I would say any hallucinating is too much.