Bipolar Disorder Community
Hearing whispering while nobody is there!!!

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

I have been hearing whispering sonce a week especially at night time when i am going to sleep or halfway sleep. Sometimes it wakes me up. Its like somebody is whispering my name in my ear or near me. I dont drink at all. I dont use drugs of any kind. I am not on medication. My question is what is it? In my religion its most likely ghost or satan. sometimes we believe that somebody did black magic on the person. But i really want to know the real cause. Please help me.
I sympathize with you.  I experience the same thing.  It usually happens as I enter deep sleep.  I am a spiritual person and I always pray before I go to bed for my Higher Power to watch over me and protect me.  There are times that it startles me and I have to work very hard to wake up and of course nothing is there and the sounds have stopped.  I definitely think talking to your doctor about it is a very good idea.  Since you have faith, use it and have comfort in it.  Do you just hear the sound of someone whispering or do you hear what they say.  If you hear what they say, write it down and see if it is something your subconscious is trying to tell you.  I don't have a solution for you but believe your Higher Power will protect you.
This can happen when a person is falling asleep. That generally is not classified as a psychiatric issue nor should it be thought of in that manner. However if you have some form of disrupted sleep it would be worthwhile to speak to a doctor and they can do a sleep study if needed.
Thnak you. Sometimes its jus to annoying for me. Like i was going to sleep a whil;e back but had to got up cuz of this whispering. I dont wannna be scared of it but it jus creeps me out. I had this phobia i used to cover my ears cuz i used to think somebody might say something to me like ghost etc. But now it does happens. How to get over it. any idea please!!!
I just hear my name whispering to me. Nothing else. Or sometimes whisper only which i dont get it. I am just not comfortable with it. I told my BF he was making fun of me like i am jus a scary cat. But i dont know what else I can do about it.
It is very hard when you do not get any support from you BF and he makes fun of you.  Let him know how much it bothers you when he makes fun of you and that you really need his support and not his sarcasim.  I still think you should see a doctor and see if there is something they can do for you to possibly solve the problem.  When I was younger, I used to see & hear ghosts everywhere and it totally freaked me out.  My psychiatrist put me on anti-psychotic drugs and I stopped seeing & hearing ghosts.  What I hear now is sounds that makes me think there is someone there but it doesn't worry me.  I was on the medication for a short period of time and I still no longer see ghosts.  There may be a solution for you but you have to take the first step and see a doctor about the voices.  It will be worth it if you can get it to stop.
I can understand where you're coming from, ever since I was 3 or 4 years old I've seen monsters or spirits off and on but unlike your scenario, I didn't get put on medication until I was 22. (Now I'm 23, soon to be 24)  When I get tired or stressed or anything of that nature it gets a lot worse.  Mine also didn't stay remitted when I was withdrawn from the medicine. =(  Oh well, to each their own.
I have similar experiences. I had just always put them down to hypnagogic hallucinations - which occur between wakefulness and sleep where the mind 'dreams' before fully asleep (or fully awake) - and one can see or hear stuff such as what you've described. The first time it happened I was convinced the voices were coming from inside the pillow as it seemed to get louder every time I put my head down. The last time it happened I even managed to have a 'conversation'. with the voice. I have personally never thought of it as anything spiritual and just put it down to this rather peculiar sleep state as it only happens when I'm tired
Wow I am seriously getting goosebumps as I read all these.  Ii never thought that for a second that I could be manifesting these noises in my head unti a min ago when I finally had enough lookin out the windows to catch a thieve or stalker or ex girlfriend nd her new bf  or sumthng, but never actually seein anyone. Tonight was when I finally became irritated nd aggitated enough to thnk it might b more than what I was thinki and I found  out theres orgers with this issue. Its real creep becaus 90 percent of the time I hear them saying my name. Boy nd girl of mostly the same tone of voice( except I dnt realy knw if  whispering carried a tone to it).  But ya I do use drigs occasionally nd wondered if that mite b reason. But also I grow marijuana  and I generally thought that its jus some realy sneaky thieves that keep slithering awy before I can catch them. But also my mother(whom is passed away) and I hav always had realy significant experiences involving phsicic abilities but never enuff to know for sure that im phsicic. I also hav sleep paralisis sometimes extreme. ButI also hav been known to hav many bypolar traits but ever  ever dr confirmed. I feel like these are all to many factors that point to some kind  of spiritual awakening. I thbk and hope it mite b my parents reaching out.or it could be lonely ghosts seeking help or maybe im just out rite losing my mind! And maybe you all aare as well. Lol. But im going to be optimistic and and get to the bottom of it and hopefully help some needy spurits in the process.  I d
Wow I am seriously getting goosebumps as I read all these.  Ii never thought that for a second that I could be manifesting these noises in my head unti a min ago when I finally had enough lookin out the windows to catch a thieve or stalker or ex girlfriend nd her new bf  or sumthng, but never actually seein anyone. Tonight was when I finally became irritated nd aggitated enough to thnk it might b more than what I was thinki and I found  out theres orgers with this issue. Its real creep becaus 90 percent of the time I hear them saying my name. Boy nd girl of mostly the same tone of voice( except I dnt realy knw if  whispering carried a tone to it).  But ya I do use drigs occasionally nd wondered if that mite b reason. But also I grow marijuana  and I generally thought that its jus some realy sneaky thieves that keep slithering awy before I can catch them. But also my mother(whom is passed away) and I hav always had realy significant experiences involving phsicic abilities but never enuff to know for sure that im phsicic. I also hav sltoeep paralisis sometimes extreme. ButI also hav been known to hav many bypolar traits but ever  ever dr confirmed. I feel like these are all to many factors that point to some kind  of spiritual awakening. I thbk and hope it mite b my parents reaching out.or it could be lonely ghosts seeking help or maybe im just out rite losing my mind! And maybe you all aare as well. Lol. But im going to be optimistic and and get to the bottom of it and hopefully help some needy spurits in the process.  I d
Does anyone else have sleep paralysis along with the whispering? Jus wondering if theres a pattern.and I jys wanted to nention that I hear the whispering just sbout evry nite niw and 90 percent of the time the boy or girl voice is saying my name. And  alot of whiseling as well. I havnt read anyone saying any whistel comments. Ii wanted to note that if some kibd of spurits that they seem friendly I gavnt sensed any hostility.. and do any of you feel like it vcan be family from the other side tryng to send a message. And do any of u have a history of phicic tendencies? Hus xurios to see if  you hav any common circumstances like me. I dnt thnk bipolar has anythng to do with it. But I can be wrong ofcorse. Oh 1 more thing. It always seems like they are rite outside ny window or jus past my fence line. Has anyone heard them  entrr home?  Ive been writing dwn the few wirds I cab make out besides my name and its very interesting ill share later if anyone interested
Hearing voices I've been told can often come from elevated levels of dopamine in your system. Making it difficult for your mind to filter out things it normally would and they can come across as voices when really it's just creative thoughts firing in your brain. Worth a google