Bipolar Disorder Community
Hearing whispering while nobody is there!!!

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

I have been hearing whispering sonce a week especially at night time when i am going to sleep or halfway sleep. Sometimes it wakes me up. Its like somebody is whispering my name in my ear or near me. I dont drink at all. I dont use drugs of any kind. I am not on medication. My question is what is it? In my religion its most likely ghost or satan. sometimes we believe that somebody did black magic on the person. But i really want to know the real cause. Please help me.
I sympathize with you.  I experience the same thing.  It usually happens as I enter deep sleep.  I am a spiritual person and I always pray before I go to bed for my Higher Power to watch over me and protect me.  There are times that it startles me and I have to work very hard to wake up and of course nothing is there and the sounds have stopped.  I definitely think talking to your doctor about it is a very good idea.  Since you have faith, use it and have comfort in it.  Do you just hear the sound of someone whispering or do you hear what they say.  If you hear what they say, write it down and see if it is something your subconscious is trying to tell you.  I don't have a solution for you but believe your Higher Power will protect you.
This can happen when a person is falling asleep. That generally is not classified as a psychiatric issue nor should it be thought of in that manner. However if you have some form of disrupted sleep it would be worthwhile to speak to a doctor and they can do a sleep study if needed.
Thnak you. Sometimes its jus to annoying for me. Like i was going to sleep a whil;e back but had to got up cuz of this whispering. I dont wannna be scared of it but it jus creeps me out. I had this phobia i used to cover my ears cuz i used to think somebody might say something to me like ghost etc. But now it does happens. How to get over it. any idea please!!!
I just hear my name whispering to me. Nothing else. Or sometimes whisper only which i dont get it. I am just not comfortable with it. I told my BF he was making fun of me like i am jus a scary cat. But i dont know what else I can do about it.
It is very hard when you do not get any support from you BF and he makes fun of you.  Let him know how much it bothers you when he makes fun of you and that you really need his support and not his sarcasim.  I still think you should see a doctor and see if there is something they can do for you to possibly solve the problem.  When I was younger, I used to see & hear ghosts everywhere and it totally freaked me out.  My psychiatrist put me on anti-psychotic drugs and I stopped seeing & hearing ghosts.  What I hear now is sounds that makes me think there is someone there but it doesn't worry me.  I was on the medication for a short period of time and I still no longer see ghosts.  There may be a solution for you but you have to take the first step and see a doctor about the voices.  It will be worth it if you can get it to stop.
I can understand where you're coming from, ever since I was 3 or 4 years old I've seen monsters or spirits off and on but unlike your scenario, I didn't get put on medication until I was 22. (Now I'm 23, soon to be 24)  When I get tired or stressed or anything of that nature it gets a lot worse.  Mine also didn't stay remitted when I was withdrawn from the medicine. =(  Oh well, to each their own.
I have similar experiences. I had just always put them down to hypnagogic hallucinations - which occur between wakefulness and sleep where the mind 'dreams' before fully asleep (or fully awake) - and one can see or hear stuff such as what you've described. The first time it happened I was convinced the voices were coming from inside the pillow as it seemed to get louder every time I put my head down. The last time it happened I even managed to have a 'conversation'. with the voice. I have personally never thought of it as anything spiritual and just put it down to this rather peculiar sleep state as it only happens when I'm tired