How can I help those close to me put up with me?
After recently finding out I had bipolar my boyfriend told me he doesnt think he loves me anymore. This is because, while manic, ive cheated on him more than once. I am unwilling to take medication but I will if it means he'll stay with me. He has been incredibly supportive, even before the diagnosis and I cant imagine life without him. I'm slipping into the unpredictable way of thinking and getting very tempted to get a tattoo of him or do something more negative. Im trying to cling on to reality otherwise I will furtehr destroy a otherwise perfect relationship.
How can I explain to him cheating wasn't a 'choice' and that it is part of my illness?
How can I help him put up with me? (Providing he doesnt walk away)
Hearing other people's experiences would be great.

First you will need to start taking the medication in order for him to see that you are doing what you can to change or help yourself. If he sees that you are not willing to do your part he will walk away. Also speak to him, and apologize for what you had done in the past.
Maybe have him go to your pdoc appt w/ you. Hearing from someone who's knowledgeable about BP could help him understand. Starting the meds would also show him you're serious.
You have to take the medication because you want to be better, not to blackmail someone into staying with you. Unfortunately, even though hypersexuality can be part of mania, there were other ways to deal with it than cheating. You chose that and will have to take the responsibility for it. Bipolar is not an excuse for doing the wrong thing.
you can always wear what i call the mask,,but ive been so maninc last 11 monthes..the police wanted me in a mental ward..i did refuse it..but i,m married and i did get very horney alot more than my norm at 49 yrs old..but i never would do that to my wife...and i really cant belive that people dont realize what there even doing..or just dont care..your man should be understanding knowin the illness is for real and a very bad one at that..do yourself this (  GET ON LITHIEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!) IF YOU DONT YOUR GOING TO LOSE YOUR FRIEND!!!