How to wean off Depakote
I am on Depakote ER 100 mg daily. My psych doc said she thought I was "mildy" bipolar and didnt fit into any category. I really didnt think I was bipolar but accepter her professional opinion and she put me on 1000 mg of Depakote. My hair has thinned, gained weight, etc. However, because I did not really buy I was bipolar but maybe depressed I decided to seek a second opinion from a good psych. The second one did not believe I was bipolar. I agree with that and now want off. But, my psych wont help me get off of it. That leaves me hanging on how to do this. I am going to my regular pdoc and ask them how to do it. I have heard that switching to Lamictal is a solution ( I have a Rx for it) but do you wean the Depakote while you are on the Lamictal? And another problem is I am taking Depakote ER which you cant cut. Or can you? I know why you arent supposed to but would it really hurt to. Any help out there? I cant believe a psych could be so mean not to help me.
My primary doctor has helped me and given me explicit instructions.