I freind needs help
Im looking for a doctor that can meet with a friend, his name is ken. I have known him for 12 years. and have always known him as being depressed. I told him he needs to get help and to try to get on ssi/ medicare. but his doctor wont fill out his paper work.I think hes one of those doctors that doesnt believe that people should be on disablity. anyway for what ever reson they wont help with his paper work. doctor wont sign  his paper work, can you help me find a doctor that he can go that can help him with depression and help with his paper work. He has a little money and i can help pay for his appointments with seeing the right. I know how busy you are but I have trying to some help finding someone for my friend but with no luck. We live in the down town area of los angeles. can anyone help
   The important thing to find out is whether his doctor doesnt have the time to help in this capacity or if he believes he is not SSI eligible as a person has to have a qualifying disability. The criteria for SSI for any disability including depression are listed under the "questions and answers" section at ssa.gov which is the official social security website.
   If his psychiatrist believes he is not eligible it would be important for him to discuss the reasons why and what else his psychiatrist feels he could do as there are agencies that assist people with disabilities find work. If he has overall concerns about his psychiatrist agencies such as NAMI can provide some information as regards referrals and also try calling local psychiatric hospitals as many psychiatrists that work there have an outpatient practice as well.