Ignorance Toward Hospital Admissions
How many of you have dealt with sheer ignorance from friends and loved ones when you were admitted to the hospital?

I just got out of a five day stay in the locked down unit of the local psych ward for a schizophrenic episode.  A family member actually tried to guilt trip me for having gone.  A friend was getting angry with me because I'm on disability and they can't get on it because their physical disability won't last longer than 12 months or result in death.  A few other friends have been dismissive of the reason why I was there even when I disclosed that one patient had slit their throat all the way through to the windpipe and yet they were only in the locked down unit for one day and I didn't even have a plan to hurt anyone (myself included) although I wasn't sure if I was going to or not.  To top it all off, the person who caused me to snap via emails actually had the gall to call me while I was in the psych ward and from an entirely different country where international rates would apply.  Luckily I had improved greatly from a state of babbling incoherently and such where their calling me didn't effect me much.
I was in lock down for two weeks for being suicidal.  My mom asked me if it was something she had done,,,,of course none of them knew I was bipolar until I went in.
The last time I was admitted was two years ago over July 4th. Since I had planned to go to my Mom's for the holiday I had to call her and tell her I couldn't come and why. Her response was, "is it your thing again?" my thing. She can't say bipolar. It really irritates me when she calls it "thing".
that sounds tough, but try to give them a break on this one.  To be on the other side of things is a different thing.  Speaking from someone who has had a close family in the psych ward several times to have to deal with a psychotic breakdown, take care of finances and everything, and to take care of that person who is temporarily quite frankly lost their mind, well it is a painful thing to put it mildly.  I know its hard to understand, but try to understand how hard it is for them as well.
I went to the hospital in december but was not admitted due to no insurance and since i was not going to harm myself. Found out am severely allergic to abilify and my sister was against me going to the hospital. After the fact, she was happy i did because we found out what was wrong and were able to correct it. People especially family i have been told by my therapist act the way they do because of a few reasons they may be in denial, or they may feel guilty.
The ones who actually had to deal with my bills and such didn't do this kind of thing so it's not that.  It was mostly friends/family who I talk to over the phone or online because I don't live near them.