Bipolar Disorder Community
Introducing the Community Leader Program, and a Community Leader

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

We're very pleased to announce the launch of our new Community Leader program. As MedHelp has grown in both number of members and the number of communities we have, the needs of these communities has also grown. Our Pregnancy communities would like to see different features than our Ovarian Cancer community. Out of this need, we came up with the Community Leader program.

A Community Leader will be a MedHelp member who will act like an ambassador to MedHelp, helping to communicate the feedback from the community as well as help us communicate back to the community from MedHelp. When we launch new features, like the Notes feature today, they will be able to help out with any questions. In addition to helping MedHelp, they will also be working with their community to help it grow, by welcoming new members, bringing up suggestions, etc. As always, anyone is still welcome to contact MedHelp directly. We love hearing from our members and it's a big part of what has made the site what it is today.

One thing to note, Community Leaders, will not be replacing the MedHelp moderators currently monitoring the site, however, the Leaders will be able to help if there is an issue and work with our moderators to address it. The Leaders are not working for MedHelp, they are still members, but ones that have taken on some added responsibility.

We're extremely excited about this program, and we're pleased to announce that we already have a Community Leader for the Bipolar Disorder community.  Please join us in welcoming DLA as the first Community Leader for this community. As most of you know, this is a very new community, but DLA has done a terrific job right from the start at being a great member and working with us to help the community grow. We're excited she has agreed to be a Community Leader and we're looking forward to working with her and you, to continue improving the experience in this community.

MedHelp
If there is anything I can do to help any of you just let me know.  I try to keep a close eye on what is happening on the forum and make sure everyone gets some good help who comes on here.

This is a wonderful caring community and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.  Remember that I am still a member just like all of you are and will still be participating as I always have.

Dac
I'm so pleased to know that you're our community leader.  I couldn't think of a better leader.  They're thinking Sjogrem's Disease for me. it REALLY fits my symptoms and it seems relatively benign for an AI disease.  I've already got SO many of problems associated with it.

Jill
Thank you so much for the vote of confidence.  It really means a lot to me!!  :^)

Am so sorry about the Sjogren's Disease.  Doesn't matter how "benign" it may be it's still a disease and an AI one to boot, which of course means it can invite friends later on.  It can be a very painful disease I read.  Glad you at least have a dx.  Some times that's the hardest thing to get with AI's.  Are you posting on the AI forum as well.  Be nice to talk to someone else with your disease.

Take care and keep me up on how it's going.
Dac