Irritated!
How can someone say bipolar disorder or any mental illness is a "mind set" or act as though it is a choice, or act as though they place limitations on themselves. That people on disability due to their mental illness just don't want to better themselves. Say that hallucinating is a gift.
For me I would love to be able to go to work or school and have a great career. I really don't like needing to be on disability, and if I had a choice I would surely not choose to be bipolar.
Some people man I swear!!!
Some people are just ignorant and think they know it all.  No point in giving them the honor of you having given time to even consider them.
I agree.. I'm on medication for the rest of my life. I have days where I'll cry and wonder if I could pull off at least a few days with out medicine. But then remember its my medecine that keeps me leveled. It's hard to talk to sum1 with out this disorder because they only think I'm crazy. But thankfully this medication was created by sum1 who knew what bipolar disorder could do if we didn't find not a cure but something to keep me leveled. ;) . Don't ever let sum1 with out the experiences we live with forever bother u. I admit that I have a problems and I want it fixed. Unlike others who possibly have serious issues and never seek out the strength or the courage to make it better. ;)
I agree it is a taboo in our society to admit you have a mental disorder and this is very unfair. People don't feel subconscious to admit they are diabetic or suffer from high blood pressure or heart problems why is it different for someone that suffers from bipolar disorder or any other kind of mental illness it's not like I chose it just like the diabetic didn't choose his ailing.
That sounds so frustrating. It really isnt right when people seem to think you can just make yourself better. Thats with any mental problem or mood problem. You cant just magically make it go away. Cant just make the problems disapear at will or there wouldnt be so much mental problems in the first place. People who say things like that really dont understand what its like to have mental problems. They dont understand how hard it is for people like us to get by. I really wish that people would be more understanding to what they dont understand. There is plenty of researches they can do to check into it. And Im sure people who they can ask questions instead of just saying oh they can just fix themselves. If that was true why would there be in need of doctors and theropists and meds out there to treat different disorders.
People without the disorders who say crap like this will never even begin to understand it.