L-Tyrosine
I am currently taking Lithium, Lamictal and Lexapro for Bipolar (thank goodness doc. gave me all "L" scripts so I can remember!). I am considering taking L-Tyrosine (another "L"). I am searching for drug interactions and am not having any luck. Does anyone have any information on adding this to my mixture of meds? Thanks. ~ El
I took tyrosine once and it sped up my blood pressure to the point where it was dangerously high. If I hadn't been taking Atenolol (beta blocker) as a side effect pill at the time the results might have been fatal. Also it made me psychotic. My psychiatrist later informed me that the "natural mood stabilizer" site I looked at online was basically blatant misinformation. That was before my current recovery and I would never attempt that again and I would suggest other people don't either. What happenned was unnerving to say the least.
Wow. Thank you for the information. My blood pressure is giving me grief lately. This is definately something I don't need to be worrying about not to mention more psychotic adventures.