Bipolar Disorder Community
Lengthy Dysphoric Mania

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Lengthy Dysphoric Mania

hey! So exactly how long can agitated mania last for? can it last for more than a month, or just a week, maybe two? does it depend on the severity or something? answer quickly, im eager to know!! :D
"In a study of 219 patients with bipolar I disorder (the more serious kind of bipolar disorder), researchers asked patients to fill out an evaluation every 6 months for five years. The evaluation survey asked a number of questions to determine the length, type and severity of the person’s mood episodes.

They discovered that for patients with Bipolar I disorder, the median duration for any type of mood episode — either mania or depression — was 13 weeks."
It really depends. If left untreated, mania can last many weeks sometimes longer. Everybody is different.