Lithium and drinking
How much alcohol can one drink while taking Lithium?  I had two beers last night and a few hours later started having manic symptoms, could not sleep, finally sleep and woke up depressed with some mania.  Can I still lightly drink or not?  I like a glass of wine now and then too.  I have never been a heavy drinker, but like a little bit now and then.  I have been a mess today.  
DLA
I don't know anything about the affects of alcohol and lithium, but you should NEVER drink with anti-depressants.  Not only does it counter act the antidepressants, it reverses the affects and makes you a lot more depressed and more likely to have suicidal thoughts.

I know some people do drink with them, but you are never ever suppose to.

Dac
I am a true believer that you should NEVER drink alcoholic beverages while taking any medication for depression or any other mental health disorder.
Yeah, I learned my lesson.  One beer or one glass of wine does not bother me, it is only if I go past that.  I have noticed my system is very sensitive on Lithium.  I read that it is ok to drink as long as it is not too much, but for me, even beyond a little is too much!  This beer was a winter stout and it was so very yummy but really got me later that evening.  I will not make that mistake again!