Bipolar Disorder Community
Loss of Family

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Loss of Family

After many (as in 6) episodes in my life I have lost all contact with my immediate family.  They belive I could have prevented all episodes and that my episodes ruin their lives.  When I feel it is my life that gets ruined every time.  I spend all the money in the bank and max out my credit cards, I lose my kids and ruin my credit.  I am so aggressive with my family and docrazy things like start up businesses and let ppeople take advantage of me.  I have no extended family as they have all passed.  I have 3 friends to my name and they are all really close friends.  But I don't make new friends easily.  My daughter who is 18 just had her first episode that I genetically passed down to her andI fear that she will have a life like my own.  I am just wondering how I can prevent it from happening to her.
Get her help now!  Be honest with her about your life and how messed up it is and make her understand that she does not want a life like yours and that she must get immediate help and continue to get help the rest of her life.  It will not go away and needs to be carefully taken care of.

Robin, have you not gotten the help you need?  Why not?  Sound like you need to take that advice also.

Am praying for you both.
Dac