Bipolar Disorder Community
Manic Euphoria

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Manic Euphoria

For the last five to six days I have been feeling unusually euphoric. I wake up at odd hours of the night with all this energy and vigor and it's almost non-stop the whole day long. When noon time hits I' all sweaty and  hot. I can't slow down. Yesterday, I must have done at least fifteen to sixteen things in the span of an hour. During these euphoria's, my head feels like it's going to float off my shoulders and my eyes feel like they are bugging out of my skull.

Question: Is this a normal thing to be happening when you are Bi-polar?

PS: I've been diagnose with Bi-polar disorder/PTSD...please help!
unfortunately this is so. Just take care because euphoric state can change to dysphoric all of a sudden and you can get mixed states. It all depends on your drugs. If i were you i would up my dose quickly to extinguish it (try to ask your pdoc soon). The problem with BP is that if an episode starts and you don't interfere soon it escalates and become a full episode in which case after the episode ends your meds increase because of kindling effect

http://www.bipolarcentral.com/articles/articles-117-1-Kindling-Effect-on-Bipolar-Disorder.html