Bipolar Disorder Community
Manic or just normal?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Manic or just normal?

I"m having a hard time figuring out if I in A manic state or the meds have made me "normal". My house is so clean u could eat off the floor and Im constantly looking for something to do. Where in my depression I avoid any cleaning. Now I find myself baking cookies. I don't like to bake. Also normally my mania is displayed in anger so this is why I am waiting for the shoe to drop
Sounds pretty normal.  I am the same way when I am pretty stable.  That doesn't mean that the depression is gone so keep your guard up.  Enjoy the extra energy and the stability.
Even on meds we cycle around. What you describe sounds manic. I say that because when I am manic those are the things I do. Of course everyone is different. You just need to be aware of your daily actions. Write down each day what you have done/accomplished and your mood. This will help you figure out where your at. When one is stable they usually do things in moderation, even paced. It's interesting you mentioned cleaning because that's my number 1 indicator that I am either manic or hypomanic and then there are many things after that, I can't stay busy enough. You could eat off my floor too:) Take care, Crysyal
Mania presents in different ways. There may have been a change in your mood cycles. Just because your 'normal' mania presents in anger does not mean that is how it will present every time.
Hey there, I just wanted to say that was well put. :)