Manic..
Hello peeps, I was just wondering whats the longest you have been manic for?
I have mostly mixed episodes so it is kind of hard to tell when one stops and the other comes into the picture. I can tell you that it can go on for weeks before I totally go into a severe depression and become suicidal.
Generally not very long as I rapid cycle. Sometimes it can change within a day. I have mixed states as well but all of this has declined as I am responding well to a treatment that is in clinical study.
I also rapid cycle. For me I think the longest is about 5 days or so. But, I am also mixed a lot so sometimes I am both. My longest episodes of cycling have lasted several months. My major episode last year lasted from May until November, and it seems to be starting up again.
Yes, my last episode lated from Oct. till first of Feb.  The doc was switching me from one med to another until we may have found the magic cocktail. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I still have depression in the mornings.
The longest my manic episode has gone on for is 3-4 months this year till now. Half the time I didnt even know I was in a manic state until it all started going downhill, then I back tracked and realised that it all started from a bit of excitement. Its the only euphoric form of mania Ive had, and I'm not sure when it will be back, because it started off hypomanic (The best I've ever felt-The creativity brought the ultimate genius in me) then it escalated into full blown mania, and that was the worst mania. EVerything went out of my control, it was like I was watching myself in the third person destroyiing myself.

Right now, for the past month or so after my manic episode, I'm in a mixed episode, which means depression is showing up, and gradually, depression is taking over. Ive been rapid cycling too, mania over 2 or so days, then depression for 3 days. But the mania I have now isnt fun at all. Its dysphoric, like agitated depression. So I've never really had a clean normal episode, I'm still waiting for that. Ive had hypomanic episodes where I'm happy and what not, but mostly rage and anger and irritability and so on.

If you want to know more, then message me and I can give you the link to my bipolar blog website. My website has so far helped people understand what goes on in a bipolar's brain and its also helped bipolar people understand what the illness is all about.

So message me and support! :) Elinah
Two months or longer.  My episodes were so much fun. But god I was nuts, thought I was going to start the apocalypse and could turn back time. Invigorating, until I was 15 or 16, broke a glass plate and laughed hysterically while my feet bled. Then I sought treatment...sorta. Now I pay out of pocket for my coocoocachoo pills. Abilify. Because despite my family being poor they hate me when I'm off it. I only stay manic for a day, mixed mania at that. How flat.