Bipolar Disorder Community
Med switch

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Med switch

I am bipolar l and just witches my meds. Now all the sudden I keep having suicidal thoughts. I also keep having mixed episodes. Is this just from the med switch? Should I be concerned?  
yes you need to be very concerned there are always dangers with these meds especially when starting or stopping/switching... contact your doctor asap....
Yes please stay on your meds. The point in medication is to stablize your moods so take they don't swing very high or low. We definitely don't want you thinking about suicide, we all want you here. All life is very valueable especially when it's yours :)))  So hang in there girl
Definitely go see your psychiatrist.  It's possibly the new medications you were switched to.  Why did you end up switching meds?  Was the old med cocktail not working?
Be concerned. This is not good. This is how I started out. The difference was that I didnt start off on meds, but any concerns with the current meds youre on need to be told to your PDoc. They'll help you out. What meds were you on and what did you switch to? Are you bipolar 1 or 2?

There's a bipolar site that can help you in terms of day to day experiences and advice www.eleenah.wordpress.com

Take time to have a look at it. The site has changed a lot of people perceptions of bipolar, especially being new to bipolar because I am new to being bipolar myself. So dont panic :)

Keep Holding On :)