Medicine for anger control
My Dad diagnosed schizophrenic 46 years ago has deteriorated over last 4 years and has been told that he never had schizophrenia that he has bipolar disorder.  He has not has psychosis for 36 years always on different meds.

HE is making my mothers life hell she is a saint and his full time carer, he is so full of ANGER and taking it out on her.

Is that depression?  or what is it.  What medication would help with this.

HE is on high dose epilim and lower dose of Seroquel together.
Anger can be a manifistation of depression but is usually considered more to the manic end of the spectrum. When you are depressed you may be angry but you likely lack the energy to do anything about it. He could just be angry about being sick and taking it out on the nearest person. Rage also produces feel good endorphines and can be a way of self medicating. It can become a form of addiction.

She needs to encourage him to go see his psychiatrist. Maybe some anger management classes would help, or a med change.

I don't know about medications but there are alot more out there than epilim and seroquel so trying something different may help. That is a discussion for the psychiatrist. As hard as it may be to watch - he has to want to change and has to see this as a problem. You can do nothing except support your mother and tell your father how you feel about the situation (best to do it when he isn't raging - it could escalate into violence and he can't really hear you when raging anyway. Too much adrenaline)
Seroquel and epilim are very good medications for mania, anger, mood swings and psychosis.  There are indeed others as lindahand says, though - lots of others.  Seroquel and epilim are usually the ones they try you with first (or lithium instead of epilim).  Seroquel is an anti-psychotic (also prescribed for anger and mood problems) and epilim is an anti-convulsant (also prescribed as a mood stabiliser).  
But talking therapy is as important as drugs if not more so, in such situations as these.  He needs some kind of cognitive-behavioural therapy or something similar.  One doesn't this from psychiatrists usually, psychologists are the ones who specialise in talking therapy.  
It was pretty standard for just about everything that wasn't depression or type I bipolar to be diagnosed as schizophrenia back in the day.  My aunt was diagnosed as schizophrenia but she's actually autistic.  So the bipolar diagnosis is probably sound.