Meds - unproductivity
Hey everyone,

I find that ever since I started meds - my motivation has gone completely. I used to be driven and motivated.
Super driven and motivated.
Now I hardly do anything anymore.

Has anyone also experienced this?
Yes I do find some of the medications I take make it harder to concentrate and focus. Cognitive blunting is a relatively common side effect of some medications. I found that its a matter of adjusting the dosage and titration and finding the appropriate medication that will be less likely to cause this which I discuss with my psychiatrist. I do know that an "increase in goal oriented activities" is listed as one (of many) criteria for mania but that's when they are unfocused and the results can be to put your energy in the wrong direction but when some medications help they also decrease the drive and energy to the point where its not needed. Its just a matter of adjustment which a psychiatrist can address.
My motivation has severely dropped.  I would much rather crawl into bed and do nothing all day.  I have recently made a calendar of things to do and originally put too many things on the list.  I have decreased the list to an amount I can accomplish.  There are some tasks that seem too overwhelming to handle.  I have discussed this with my psychiatrist but nothing has been done to adjust my medications and he said that it is expected.  I suffer from depression almost on a regular basis.  My doctor will adjust my meds and I feel better for a little while and then I fall back into depression.  It is very frustrating.  Sorry, some of this is just venting.  Hope something in this helps you.