Bipolar Disorder Community
Meth to function

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Meth to function

I can't seem to function without meth. It is the only thing that gets me our of bed and gives me motivation, I even tried to just take adderall (adderrall) but it isn't strong enough. I am to the point where I don't know what kind of mental disorder. chemical imbalance I have in my brain, I do know I have one and it many in my family have one. I have been on and off meds for 12 years. I am 26 and have been using meth on and off for nine years. I quit heroin and coke couple years ago. Can't kick the meth. I go to meetings, I take meds. I am completely miserable to the point where I just hope I die in my sleep. How am I suposed to quit using when nothing else seems to get me out of bed and get things done?
Have you or are you able to do the inpatient thing to withdraw?
Is there any way you can change your surroundings?  My cousin had a problem with meth.  He did fine when he would move away.  When he would come back home, he would have the problems.  
You can live without meth.  you know you can.  I know you can.  
I am bipolar with a litttle bit of borderline emotional disorder and I self medicated with Meth for a while too! I assure you that you can survive without it and you should really try to get off it Ans get on the right prescribed meds!  Doing Meth causes your mental problems to be worse in the ling run
I am bipolar with a litttle bit of borderline emotional disorder and I self medicated with Meth for a while too! I assure you that you can survive without it and you should really try to get off it Ans get on the right prescribed meds!  Doing Meth causes your mental problems to be worse in the long run not better. They may seem Better while your on Meth but its not like that when you get off its actually throwing you more and more out of wack and if you try to take your meds while u do Meth you can really mess your body up and you can cause that Med not to work when you aren't on Meth. You should try to seek a rehab or a Dr who knows about your addiction and can help you with the transition. And if you are shooting Meth or any drug or snorting anything you need to realize you are opening yourself up to lots of things like aids or hep c and many more and those diseases can cause depression and other mental illness! Its a vicious cycle and you have to love yourself enough to stop it so get help dear before it's to late and dont use your mental illness as an excuse to do more harm to your body with poison!
Meth decreases blood flow to the brain. If you see a brain scan of a healthy person the brain looks nice and solid. For someone on meth it looks like swiss cheese. There is no way you can begin to get mentally better while on Meth. It may get you out of bed, but it is slowly eating away your brain. Dr. Amen does research on this and his book is called Change your Brain, Change your Life. In there he shows the brain scans of people on drugs. It is quite scary.
unfortunately only 9 percent of users are able to get off meth.
I would suggest getting yourself out of bed and trying to get into the mindset
of the fact that you do not need meth to do so. also try to find something to ween you off. Maybe rehab could help while you kick the withdrawls.
Hi What meds, please?   My daughter does have possible bipolar and does meth.  She denies it all.  How can I get her help??