Bipolar Disorder Community
More than one diagnosis destinguishing the differance between them

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

I have more than one diagnosis. Recently I had an episode and could not tell what it was. After talking to a psychatrist I was told it was anxiety and mania together, and it was also twice as bad. I was just wondering if anyone with more than one diagnosis also have or have had this problem.
  Given that I have schizoaffective disorder and have to watch for both concerns as regards mania/depression and psychosis and the fact that they overlap in some ways it is like two diagnoses. I know that manic episodes can trigger psychosis and vice versa. A family member is diagnosed with cyclothymia (mild bipolar), ocd and anxiety disorder. They can have any of these concerns overlap as to how they affect them. I guess the main thing to be aware of is when one concern occurs (such as anxiety) it can trigger others (such as mood episodes). This often occurs with the family member I have and they haven't started treatment yet but plan to. As to how to follow up specifically and what steps to take you could discuss that with your psychiatrist.