Bipolar Disorder Community
My 8 year old son is hearing voices
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 8 year old son is hearing voices

My 8 year old son recently told me that he feels like he wants to kill himself and punch everyone. I took him to the hospital for an evaluation and he has spoken with his therapist and will have a full psych evaluation next month. He has not been officially diagnosed with Bi-Polar, just “NOS Mood Disorder”. Upon speaking with my son, he informed me that he has voices that tell him that he should kill himself and punch everyone. This is terrifying! As a mother, I am scared for my son. I have worked in the mental health field, and I’ve seen the extremes. How can this be happening to my little boy and what can I do to help him|!!!! Has anyone else gone through this? Any suggestions and or advice?