Bipolar Disorder Community
My dad

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

My dad

My dad has very highs and very lows. u dont know how to approach him. whether hes in a great mood or in a bad non talkative mood. there complete opposite moods. and i have noticed sumtimes good moods will stay at a very high level 4 3 or 4 days. then drop off to very low bad moods. hes a very angry person as well and agressive. is this bipolar?
these can be symtoms (symptoms) of bipolar this disorder runs in my family i am not effected by it but my sister is and she is on sever medications and often quits taking meds during manic stated that are the highs thinking she is cured he needed help from doctor to manage the high low states of his mood and if he is aggressive he may well become violent so be carefull
It could indeed be bipolar. I guess your Dad needs to choose to go seek help. It is like walking on egg shells around someone who is mentally ill and is not on meds. Just do your best, and check out the NAMI website, that's the national alliance on mental illnes. That may help you.

Hugs

Bradian
i agree with the other posts it sounds like possible bipolar and it is very hard on familys to deal with. My son and husband are both bipolar.