Need help
My mother for sure has been diagnosed with BP. My Dad might as well too. I have come to terms that I may have it as well. I say this because for many reasons. Firs is that I have been depressed my whole life. I have had suicidal thoughts since I was 12 and destroy every personal relationship I have every made. Things are so black and white that it is killing me. I recently told my boss that I have been struggling with depression. He decided to tell his boss and now the entire organization knows about it. Now I'm being treated like a little kid then a man. I have paranoid perceptions about what people think of me and I have no sense of who I am. My whole life revolves around other people. I hate myself so much......I don't understand the social norms of life. I need help and bad.....why do I continually destroy everything. Why am I such a needy emotional man....any advice
http://www.bipolar.com.au/
Of course it is no real diagnosis but this link has a questionare on it to help assess for Bipolar Disorder, it is no treatment nor diagnosis but it might help You to get some information on it and see how many You match.
How Old Are You'?...
If You have had suicidal thoughts since the age of 12, how come Your parents have not taken You to a doctor'?
Better to get the help when You're younger than to continue to live like this untreated. I have a strong dislike for people often and feel the same at times but You just need to get help and learn to deal with it which obviously has not happened. Your not a "needy emotional man" You were a Young child that was left untreated and as a result grew into a man who had the same thoughts and feelings.