Bipolar Disorder Community
Ok I am really confused here

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Ok I am really confused here

I am now taking 200 lamotrigene for Bipolar 2. I am not that manic though I do have some up days.
I still have issues with anger , paranoia and social phobia. If this is the case what medication would a doctor recommend to compliment the Lamotrigene.

From my reading I may have a BPD.
I have been taking lamotrigene (the generic for lamictal) for about 10 years.  It is an epileptic medication for seizures that is used, as my psych. says, as a mood leveler.  It doesn't react to seritonin or anything.  it helped take the edginess away for me - but i did put up with blurred vision which i didn't realize was a side effect for years.  Went off it last month to see if vision cleared but it was negligible....i take other meds that can  cause that too.  the other meds i have used with lamotrigene are wellbutrin and zoloft.
now wellbutrin and nefazodone.

i don't deal with paranoia so much but social anxiety and anxiety about being out of my "area" that i  am familiar with.  my son is 21 and is also bipolar with psychosis so he deals with the paranoia more.  he takes abilify and modafinil (modafinil is like aderol (adderall) with out the addictive reactions) it helps him stay more focused.

don't know if this helps - but feel free to contact me if i can help any.
That question would have to go to a psychiatrist because paranoia is often treated with an antipsychotic so you should tell them about your remaining symptoms and they will know what decision to make. BPD has aspects that need treatment in addition to medication. DBT therapy can be helpful for some people and there is a forum for it as well.
Thank you both for your comments. I am in Asia and where I am at there aren't any P Docs.

I have been doing more research than I have researched anything in my life. I have come to the conclusion I should try Zoloft with the Lamotirgine. I would prefer the Modafinil, as it was suggest to me before. but it is not in these countries yet.

I think the paranoia is a symptom of my anxiety. I am fairly certain I am also ADHD but all these disorders seem to be so closely related that if you get the right combination they all clear up.

I am told there are things in the pipe line that are VERY hopeful for all of these and they have nothing to do with brain chemistry but a step before the brain chemistry , what ever that means. I hope it is soon.