Red-bull
Hi i drink red-bull about 4 times a week to stay up for homework or to give myself a boost. Is redbull not good for someone with bipolar?
Red Bull contains taurine which in combination with caffeine has caused some fatalities. So in interactions with psychiatric medications it can be a bad idea. Before recovery, I took taurine by itself as a "supplement" and it speeded me up to the point where I was psychotic and I would never take it again so the whole thing is best avoided.
ILADVOCATE is right redbull does have an awful lot of taurine and it is mainly that which gives you the 'buzz' redbull actually has a lower concentration of caffeine than most coffee. Basically redbull is a lot worse for you if its abused as its created specifically to stimulate and keep you awake because it has high amounts of caffeine and taurine which interact becoming quite potent and also most people dont realise how utterly saturated in sugar it is which is also a short term stimulant in itself.

Supposidly caffieine is bad for BP and i see a lot of people on here say it makes them manic which in my personal opinion is a bit of a exageration.. but i think it does perhaps give us more of a buzz like alcohol does.