Reduced meds
I've had my dosage decreased for the 2nd time this month,I've gone from 300 mg quitiapine to now 200 then down to 150 in two weeks if I'm managing ok.im trying to go as low as possible with the meds as I can without spiralling all over the place,with the therapy and right support I'm hoping it will work.i know it's not gonna b easy but it's worth a try.
Has anyone tried doing the same?and how did it work for you?
What a bad day,I'm so low tday news from yesterday has knocked me for six,didnt sleep well either.i have ignored everyone,shut my blinds and come to bed.im also upset that I thought I could lower my dose,now I'm in this state :-(
hey,i just signed up to this board. how you hanging in there?
I've tried to stop taking my meds, lower my doses because honestly, i get so tired of taking pills every day.
those times I've done that without my doctor's advice did not turn out very well. my latest attempt to at least reduce my meds i let my doc in on my plan and she helped a lot.
hope you find the right avenue for you. keep your chin up!
Thanks.ok well my meds are getting reduced again tomorrow to 150,I know it's not gonna go well as I'm not sleeping too great and I'm feeling a bit wired tday and a little bit hyper.ive been forgetting things and not realising if things have actually happened or not.
My partner isn't happy about me reducing my meds but for some reason I feel like I've got a point to proove
So dissapointed,my phyc has said to stay on 200 for now and use diazapam for anxiety.im sorry to say I'm not taking her advice and I am going down to 150,playing with fire I know :-(x
How fast are they lowering your dose?  I mean when my doses were lowered once, I would take a full pill in the AM and then a half pill in the PM(where I had taken a full pill before) so it was gradual.
Just every 2 weeks,I went from 300 to 250 then 200 to 150,I really don't think I will get any lower but we will see