Bipolar Disorder Community
Resources for parents with biploar children.

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

I have a 7yr old son that has been diagnosed with bipolar 2yrs ago. He has been kicked out of  daycares and a public school form pre-k and headstart. He was in a level 5 school 2yrs ago and they said he no longer needed there services. He was then put back into a public school after attending the level 5 school for one yr. He was admitted to th child phyc ward last yr at the begining of the school yr. He was transitioned to the day hospital and from there they had said they didn't think he belonged in public school either so they got a lawyer that specializes in these cases to follow his progress as he went BACK TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL. He did not do well at all, we were called almost every day with his behavior. They couldn't keep him in class or let alone the school. He was found out side of the school a few times. I told the lawyer what was happening and my concerns with the things that the school could not control and my feelings on placing him back in a level 5 school. I really do beleive that he does not belong in public schools at this time and I am at my wits end with this stress. I am not able to hold a job due to these issues with my son. I also have a child that has epilepsy and believe she is starting to see him get away with these behaviors and is also starting to pick up some of these bad behaviors. Her first day of school was today and it was not a very good one. They both started off the school yr very badly. I am in a work program for the state due to me not being able to hold a job due to these problems with my children but if I don't go I can't get the help for my family. Can someone please help me figure out what I should do because I feel like I am at my lowest point and I don't know what to do right now.