Risperidal Discontinuation issues?
my fiance has been on 1mg of Risperadel between 4-7 months. he thought it was prescribed to help him sleep. Also takes Zoloft, Lamictal,and is on the methadone clinic. He has gained about 40+ pounds and after researching this medication he has had many of the side effects including, light-headedness when going to an upright position, severe heartburn, constipation, blurred vision. He called his doctor to ask about pain he was having in his breasts and was sent for blood work. The results were whatever that enzyme is that is increased to cause one to lactate ..can't remember exactly the terms..but was extremely high. So he was not to take the Risperidal anymore. It's been close to two weeks i believe and he's having lots of mood swings, at times seems lethargic, has nausea and has vomited and sometimes has burning bad tasting stuff rise up into his mouth, increased heartburn, sweats, headaches. He's a bit aggressive at times which is not his usual temperament, agitated,easily frustrated, tired just "doesn't feel well" Is this because of not taking the Risperidal? If so how long will it last? Should he see his doctor?
He should probably go see his psych regarding getting another med added (or to at least make sure this is a temporary response to getting of Risperidal).
I think he should talk to his psychiatrist.  I had to stop taking risperdal for similar reasons. It changed my hormones and I began lactating.  I did not need to taper off but then again everyone's body chemistry reacts differently.