Bipolar Disorder Community
Sister's Psycholgical Disorder

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Sister's Psycholgical Disorder

I am writing looking for answers/advice to help my sister with her illness. I believe that my sister was once addicted to hard drugs, before she came home pregnant. And during the time before, during, and after her pregnancy she has had a number of hallucinations. First she believed that she had a two year old son out their somewhere and gave him a name and everything. (This was before her pregnancy) Then while she was pregnant she would accuse everyone around her of running “lines” around the house that would scratch her and intoxicate her, she also went through a stage of sucking on a pacifier during this time. After pregnancy in the hospital she accused my mom of breaking the baby’s neck and trying to “kill the baby” This is absolutely absurd. Little did we know this was just the beginning, she would then attack my mom and grandma verbally and physically on numerous occasions and accuse them of selling drugs. She also believed that she had her own TV show and would tell us to turn it on, and she recently accused her dad of molesting her when she was an infant. Which no one believes since we never had any problems or even heard of this until she went crazy.  She also stole my granny’s car one night and took the baby to the hospital and accused mom of running “dope lines” in it while she was sleeping. The doctor then proceeded to call my Granny and DHR was involved. My grandma is currently caring for the baby however Ariel is still in the house. They prescribed her some medication; it really doesn’t seem to be helping and my grandparents are too old to the dealing with her madness. It is not fair for them, plus we don’t have the money to get her treated properly or even know the steps to take to do so. Please give me advice on this situation. I am extremely concerned for my granny and pops if something doesn’t change.
Has she gotten a psychiatric evaluation and a diagnosis? Did they test her for drugs? If she becomes a danger to herself or others she can be hospitalized if needed. She may need some medication adjustments...sometimes it takes a while to find the right combination. If you are having trouble paying for her to get mental health care try to find one that goes on a sliding scale fee. You could even talk to her medical doctor to see if they can give you a referal to a mental health care provider somewhere. Hope you get it worked out.
Thearopist and new medication stronger or different meds