Bipolar Disorder Community
Switching meds and breastfeeding?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Switching meds and breastfeeding?

My doctor is switching me to Seroquel XR off prozac. I'm worried bc i have to breastfeed as my daughter is allergic to formula. The site says do not breastfeed while taking it. He is saying go ahead but my pharmicist disagrees. Is anyone out there taking this and breastfeeding by any chance??!!!
Have you tried soymilk with the baby? I would not breastfeed with this med. I would not take the chance regardless of the dr. I used soymilk with my oldest, who was allergic to everything. Good luck
I was also fed soymilk as a baby, any other types made me hive.

And I don't THINK there's any proven fact about antipsychotics hurting the babies or anything, I think it's just definetly passes through the breastmilk and there's lack of testing (for obvious reasons) to show what developments or harm it could cause the baby.