Talk therapy helpful?...really?
I've had to change PsyDocs several times over the paast five years do to moves, jobs and insurance.  All of them have told me that I need to get into therapy if I am ever goping to control my stress, actions and triggers.  I did try for a couple of years but found repeating my sins on temded to trigger me again.  First it feels like I am whining to a stranger.  Second I'm not up for telling a complete stranger all my dirty laundry so I can be judged by someone else...and third they never have an answer other than "you should go think on how you could have made better choices".   No s*** sherlock...but I didn't...I've hurt a lot of people - including myself - and what am i to do with all that?

Has anyone actually found anything positive and life altering by using talk therapy?
I completely understand about telling a stranger our backgrounds and feeling judged. I just started seeing someone new bc my old doc retired in Nov. The new guy is weird in my opinion and raises his eyebrows at me a lot, haha. I keep telling him when he is doing it again but he always looks surprised.

I really liked my old doc bc he had a way of keeping things light when I would get teary and he was never critical. I did count on going to him for support and med adjustments.

Shrinks are a dime a dozen in my opinion and really hard to find one that suits you. I would be irritated too if someone talked to me about my "choices". That sounds like what we tell our kids in grade school. Good thing the forum fills in the blanks when we need it.
Last therapist I had actually helped me realize some things.  My current therapist I haven't talked with enough to find if this will happen with them.