Bipolar Disorder Community
Tapering Olanzipine

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Tapering Olanzipine

I am on Olanzipine(Zyprexia)5mg in the evening and I started having blurred vision.
I would like to tapper it to 2.5 in the evening and see if the blurring foes away.
What are the side effects in doing such thing?

Thnak you
John
Tags: Tapering Olanzipine
  When I tapered my medication too quickly (which I only did in the past a few times) I did experience some withdrawal symptoms but equally importantly the return of what it was treating. The best thing to do is discuss it with your psychiatrist and see if they believe the idea is workable and if they do they could give you a specific titration schedule. Its important to inform them about the side effect you are experiencing though or any other new side effects you start to experience with any medication you are taking so they could be aware of it and follow up.