Trazodone and Depakote interaction
can being on Trazodone and Depakote for a long time cause you to become zombie like? In the last week I am very tired and have a difficult time with everyday activities.
   I do know when I was on Depakoate it was extremely sedating and that's a known side effect and Tradazone is actually used as a sleep aid in addition to an anti-depressent. Both can cause cognitive confusion as well. However each person responds differently to each medication so not everyone experiences these effects but they can occur. The best thing is to discuss this with your psychiatrist and they can adjust and/or change your medication as needed. Each medication has a specific side effect profile including how likely it is to cause sedation and cognitive confusion as well as other effects and you could ask your psychiatrist about available options that would be less likely to cause these concerns.