Trouble with Trileptal
I have been on Trileptal 300mg for  over a week now, the dr. had me increase the medicine to 300mg twice a day, I have been feeling awful, so depressed, massively itchy, agitated, and having slight headaches. I talked to my dr. and he said if the itching continues to stop the medication all together & not take anything. Has anyone had similar experiences with this medicine? I am also wondering what other medication we should try because my dr. is having trouble finding the right medication for me after seeing him for over 3 years. Is it time to switch dr.'s if he can't find the right med for me?
Yes I experienced all of those side effects from Trileptal and was unable to tolerate it and found Lamictal far more tolerable and did not experience side effects such as that but each person reacts differently to each medication. This is a list of mood stabilizers you could discuss with your psychiatrist:
http://psycheducation.org/depression/meds/moodstabilizers.htm