Weaning off carbmazepine
I'm going to be weaning off carbmazepine under the instuctions of my doctor starting tonight. Carbmazepine is also called tegretol or epitol. I do not have a seizure disorder, just bipolar. I'm worried about possible effects of comming off of this drug. Will I have a seizure or mood swings? What's going to happen?
  From what my psychiatrist told me when I was transfering from Tegretol (and other mood stabilizers that are anti-convulsants) to another medication that if the titration schedule is followed seizures are generally not a concern but you could speak to your psychiatrist more about this. If you are transfering to another mood stabilizer in between the time while the Tegretol is lowered and the other medication adjusted to the working dose (which varies from person to person) there will be some return of mood swings so its important to keep that in mind and discuss this with your psychiatrist while this is occuring. I do know that sometimes I had to have one medication discontinued gradually and then a waiting time before another medication started because of potential interactions and at those times I would keep in close touch with my psychiatrist because without any mood stabilizer then of course what they are treating will return more quickly. It depends what their plans are as for what medication they might be transfering you to and how the titration schedule will work and it would be worthwhile to discuss the specifics with them.
Yeah I've got the titration schedule. And we have no idea which mood stabilzer to try next because I have been through them all. But I'll worry about that laster.

I don't think they care much to keep in touch with me in between appointments because I don't have insurance...but I will call them if I notice a relapse or any issues I guess.