Bipolar Disorder Community
Weaning off invega

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Weaning off invega

My doctor is weaning me off invega. He has me on a lower dose 3 mg for a week. Then I discontinue it. He is hoping my other antipsychotic, seroquel xr will be enough. He raised that from 150 to 200 Mgs. Anyone have experience coming off antipsychotics?
Tags: invega
Hi there,
I have come off a few different anti psychotics before with no real problems apart from insomnia, but with the Seroquel I don't think you will have that problem..
As you will know Seroquel is a very calming anti psychotic, whereas Invega is quite agitating, I think by dropping the Invega you will have a lot less side effects ( fingers crossed )
You might feel quite drowsy for a few weeks because of the Seroquel but the extra 50mg he has given you isn't going to be too harsh, my doc usually increases my Seroquel by 100mg.
With it being the XR version as well, you will have less drowsiness.
As for the Seroquel being enough on it's own, this is a very personal thing, depending on your symptoms and stability etc. It's hard to say really...
I love Seroquel XR it really suits me..when I have been stable for a long time I just take that on it's own, but otherwise I have Depakote aswell.
You might find that the dose will need increasing..I take 400mg.
Good Luck and if you have any problems tell your doc!
Thank you. I am having severe panic attacks and see my doctor today. My Adderall (adderrall) for ADHD has a calming effect on me and helps with panic , concentration and sitting still. That seems to be the only thing taking away these horrible panic attacks, anxiety and psychosis.  I have to split them in half throughout the day to help me.