What's wrong with me?
What's wrong with me? Hi, I'm 10 years old, and I don't look or act my age. My parents aren't supporting of my constant shyness and awkwardness, so it has caused me to have trust problems and paranoia. I have never had a friend before, and I am kind of a wallflower. Lately I have been crying and having these little spikes of anger here and there. I think every girl in school is jealous of me and that they talk about me every chance they get. Every time I make a mistake or get something wrong on a test / classwork, I picture everyone just looking at me blankly like I'm crazy. It's as if they're faces are trying to say: Oh, look at this girl, she can't even get that question right, but the IQ testing people says she's really smart with an IQ of 128! I'm tired of it and I just don't want to be here anymore. I feel like I have one of those multiple personality disorder things. :/
Ok, if you're actually 10 years old, you should have to be looking on the internet for help (and there's a lot of content on this site that is not age appropriate.  Even if you are more eloquent than some of the 18+ year olds around here).  Psychiatric diagnosis is difficult in children, because you really haven't had the time to form your personality yet, or see whether some problems are simply part of growing up or an actual problem.  Although I am not a doctor, I highly doubt that you have any sort of multiple personality disorder (now called dissociative identity disorder).  Sometimes, part of growing up involves trying on different personas or ways of interacting with people, so different "personalities", but as long as you are aware of all of them (no blank spaces where people told you you were acting really different), it's probably normal.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents, there are other adults you can talk to, like other family members, a religious leader, a teacher you trust, or a school counselor.  Your school should have at least one.  Someone seeing you in person can do a much better job of helping you resolve your issues, since they can see you and talk in real time, and are in the same geographical area.  If you talk to a counselor, they're also trained to help you, unlike a lot of people on the internet (myself included).

I can sympathize with worrying about getting things wrong.  I got teased in elementary school when I didn't know an answer or got one wrong, because I was so often right.  It made me not want to try anything difficult, for fear of being wrong, and made me not want to ask for help either.  And it's sad, because we often learn much more by being wrong than by being right all the time.  Remember that with classwork or tests, the other students can't tell how well you did or if you made mistakes.

Please go talk to an adult you can trust.  
Dont worry hunny I'm 13 and I feel the same way all you need is someone to help and support you so if you need my help email me at *************@*******.**** and don't worry I'm sure if your parents realize what your going through they'll help you to so please contact me for help
You are likely very intelligent and I went through the same thing.  It is not your fault and it is not other's fault.  It will get easier as you get older but it is hard to hang around kids your age if you feel they are immature.  Don't worry about them for now.  Enjoy your gift and try talking to older people so you can keep your communication and social skills up for when other people.  I was gifted and I did really well on the IQ test but I couldn't do good in school.  If you want to message me I don't mind talking to you.

Larry