Bipolar Disorder Community
When grieving, feelings of overwhelming loneliness?
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When grieving, feelings of overwhelming loneliness?

I know this is a pretty safe place. The few friends I have in here are supportive, when they can. Since I lost my Mom on Feb. 11 this year, the grieving has begun. Being bp, over the years either I did it or they are just aren't close with me, but brother and sister and sometimes Dad, well I am just not included. My husband is supportive, always has been, np there. Kids and spouses have their own lives. I don't know if they think I am ignoring them or if I am expecting too much for them to stop by or spend the day together. I'm gaining weight since Mom died.
I miss her terribly. I just feel disconnected from family, friends and even in here.
I did do something positive, I applied for a summer job. I haven't applied for a job in about twenty years....except a Bingo caller...lol...the first of the year.
I just want to want to interact not wait for those around me to interact.
I also attend a really helpful grief workshop and I invited my nieghbor since she lost her Mom in December.
My Mom died as I said in Feb. but we do not have the internment until middle of April and my Dad invited soooo many people.Even if I wanted to get close to Dad, sister or brother there will be about fifty people there.
Anyone been here? zzzmykids ...It just really hurts plus bp hightened.