Where to start
I would like some input on where to even start with getting help for my daughter. She is 35 and has always had symptoms of depression and anxiety. She is showing signs of bi-polar though. She mainly has the depression and anxiety but at times can be happy. She also sleeps very little, eats very little and can have rapid mood swings. I want to have her tested. She has seen a couple of Psychiatrists when she was much younger. She was not tested for bi-polar though. I'm wondering if we should start with our family Dr first and have her recommend a Psychiatrist? We did some online research together and she had every symptom of Bi-polar 1, or maybe 2. Sorry, I can't remember. My head is kind of reeling at the moment. Any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated.
Do start with the family doctor, simply because they can give you recommendations for specialists and usually know who is good and who is a waste of time.  I see you're in St. Louis, a town with excellent medical facilities, that is helpful.  Good luck!
Thank you so much Annie. Yes, we live close to St. Louis and we do have excellent medical facilities. The family Dr we had for 22 years just retired and highly recommended another family Dr, we have not seen her yet. Hopefully all will go well and she can recommend a really good Psychiatrist.