Bipolar Disorder Community
Will my baby be bipolar?
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Will my baby be bipolar?

So I'm stage two bipolar and so is the father of the baby. Will my child be bipolar too?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1639856_tn?1395189207
That is really like the toss of a coin sweetie. I think i was bi-polar in the womb! LOL You can pass it down to your children but at times it can become a learned habit as they grow up, just by watching you. Just keep your eye's and ear's open and good luck! The cool part about you and daddy having it, is that at least you know what to look for! Best wishes to you and your family! -Mary!
Blank
Hi hun, such a worry for you.. somebody asked this question a few weeks ago so you could look through the archives. I have asked this question myself and I was told if one parent has bp the chances are 1/4 if 2 parents the chances are 1/2. Like marebear said its not necessarily a genetic issue.
I have 3 children, and I'm proud to say it has made me a better parent, not to say id wish this hell on anyone but it has made me who I am. 1 of my children concerns me sometimes with how his moods can change, but I think he has inherited my personality rather than my illness...
Good luck and don't worry too much!
You will be great x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703