Bipolar Disorder Community
ZERO energy on Abilify

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

ZERO energy on Abilify

I am on Abilify 20mg and I have absolutely no energy. I am in bed for 3 and 4 days at a time. I am getting really discouraged.

I am better mentally than I was, but I am zombie like, unable to participate in my own life.

Is the Abilify causing this? Or perhaps I need another medication added? I don't know what to think.
my knowledge that abilify is activating, however every individual reacts differently to the same med. so the only way out is to ask again your pdoc. ask him if he can consider lamictal. Those are the only 2 meds i know of suitable for depression except the AD which is usually harmful to BP as they worsen mania and bring a lot of complications.
i was recently put on abilify and tegretol and felt that my mood was better, as well, but no energy or life in me to even bathe! so, i took away the abilify and take just the tegretol and feel better. i suppose my answer about abilify is that it is not for me. i'd rather want to take baths, cook, etc. sounds crazy, but i'm sure u get my drift if u are on this forum. lol! was in the hospital and this dr. told me i have soft-bipolar and to never get on any antidepressants again. i've been on several types for over 14 yrs. so this hosp. dr. took me off all and put me on tegretol(a mood stabilizer) and abilify(that i'm not taking)