Bipolar Disorder Community
amitryptiline?????

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

amitryptiline?????

So went to nearoligist and found out im epileptic and also after doing exstensive research im pretty convinced im bi polar as well,,, but heres my question i went to a free clinc before i could get into a neuroligist and they gave me amitryptiline and both nights in wich i took it i had intense anxiety with a flush of random thoughts. Im woundering if the am made my bi polar condition worse and wich ive found it does and if the effects of it making my condition permenant ... im currently on depakote for my seizures and its controlling stuff but ive never had anxiety ever like this and also seems like im having cycling more frequent or rapid cycling and more intense aswell
  • bipolar (3 replies):
    I have gone through 43 years of depression with suicdal ...[more]
  • am I or not (3 replies):
    I have been diognosed with bi-polar by 3 differant docto...[more]
  • Mixed state....rapid cycling (22 replies):
    I was just wondering about mixed states and how that wor...[more]
  • pills (4 replies):
    why do people that have to take lithium don't take the p...[more]
  • what is it (1 replies):
    i was dignosed with bipoler disorder what is it i dont u...[more]
Amitryptiline is an antidepressant. If you are indeed bipolar, the only thing an antidepressant will do is send you from a depressed episode to a manic episode. See a psychologist to find out if you are for sure Bipolar. Tell him about the Amitryptiline prescription too. If you are bipolar you should definitely not be on that medicine. They will prescribe you Lithium and something else probably for bipolar. As for the epilipsey, I'm sure there is other medication that helps with the disease that is not an antidepressant