anorexia nervosa
how can i help a senior who is suffering this disorder
Get them to a doctor, there may be an underlying medical condition which is causing this. I hate to ask this, is she suicidal? this could be a passive suicidal attempt.
There is also an eating disorders forum on here as well which might help, sadly I don't think youre going to get a lot of help with anorexia on the bipolar forums but its worth the question.

I tend to be the same as leftcoastchick - doctor is the person you need, I know anorexia needs serious help and counselling but id also wonder if it is anorexia which has fairly specific symptoms and behaviours as opposed to not eating which is indeed possibly an attempt at suicide.

Is the person physically ill?
I was thinking it could be some sort of brain degenerative issue like Alzheimer's, that disease affects the whole brain.
Yeah maybe, the other side is like my grandmother after her hip broke - she just stopped eating, decided it was time to die.

She definitely needs to see Dr to rule out any physical cause for not eating.  She will also need build-up drinks to compensate for her not eating.

This could be physical or psychological, either way the only way to ensure she is treated is to get her to a Dr.  The elderly can go downhill very fast.