Bipolar Disorder Community
anorexia nervosa
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anorexia nervosa

how can i help a senior who is suffering this disorder
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Get them to a doctor, there may be an underlying medical condition which is causing this. I hate to ask this, is she suicidal? this could be a passive suicidal attempt.
Blank
607502_tn?1288251140
There is also an eating disorders forum on here as well which might help, sadly I don't think youre going to get a lot of help with anorexia on the bipolar forums but its worth the question.

I tend to be the same as leftcoastchick - doctor is the person you need, I know anorexia needs serious help and counselling but id also wonder if it is anorexia which has fairly specific symptoms and behaviours as opposed to not eating which is indeed possibly an attempt at suicide.

Is the person physically ill?
Blank
I was thinking it could be some sort of brain degenerative issue like Alzheimer's, that disease affects the whole brain.
Blank
607502_tn?1288251140
Yeah maybe, the other side is like my grandmother after her hip broke - she just stopped eating, decided it was time to die.

Blank
She definitely needs to see Dr to rule out any physical cause for not eating.  She will also need build-up drinks to compensate for her not eating.

This could be physical or psychological, either way the only way to ensure she is treated is to get her to a Dr.  The elderly can go downhill very fast.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bipolar Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank