Bipolar Disorder Community
being in love with bipolar problems??

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

being in love with bipolar problems??

i love my ladie..she doesent even know what im going threw or does she really care..ive tried to explain it to her from what ive learned!! its like when she's somewhere i,l txt her and if she dnt txt me back with in min im losing it and start getting the manic feelings..just things like that..i take xanax for my nerve's been on this for 3 yrs..and before that on klonopin for 13 yrs..so im addicted to that..and im also on lithium for manic issues..she says i need to chill wears i feel like im good..theres just alot that goes on  and i know its cuz of me..dam i hate to have to say its the bipolar that's causing our friendship to crash..its not sunk yet but its heading there...there's way to much from this manic..i take 600 mgs a day of the lithiem..blood level was 0.8..and at times im still manic..but by bedtime im good..i dont get like i use to i am A lot calmer but do have my times..DOES ANYONE THATS BIPOLAR HAVE ANY ISSUE SIMILAR TO THESE??????and how do or did you work it out...cuz when im down im good to go..when im up it *****..I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I MWAN...THANKS                    JAMES
Tags: problems, Bipolar, being, xanax, manic
Do you have a therapist? Not saying you need one- don't get me wrong, but it sounds like there is more to what your going through than just bipolar. There are some other conditions that mimic bipolar that are not helped with medications- xanax is used more for anxiety- bipolar being mood related.... This may not help but I do know that in my research into my daughters mental health issues that Borderline Personality came up as a possible co-diagnosis or co-condition. It is renowned for the insecurity felt when you are separated from the person your in a relationship with or just straight out separation anxiety and false sense of abandonment from anyone/everyone. Not saying at all that this is the situation with you it just sounds similar. It usually drags the person your in a relationship with into the ground and they end up leaving secondary to the stress emitted from your constant insecurity. Just a thought you may want to talk to someone about the issue not that you may have a different diagnosis.

I am talking in circles, my main point is you really should consider speaking to a therapist or your therapist especially if you really care about this girl.

Amy jo has good advice.Therapy would be so good for you.
Vee