Bipolar Disorder Community
bipolar 2 with anxiety

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

bipolar 2 with anxiety

Hi.  I was recently diagnosed with bipolar 2.  Pdoc also said comorbid anxiety. Prior to that, he was calling it a mood disorder.  I have suffered from depression, off and on, since I was 9 years old.  I am now 53.  I am wondering what meds people on this forum take.  I am on different ones: Celexa 60 mg Lamictal 250 mg. Klopin 1 mg. three times a day.  Seraquel 200 mg, at night.  It seems like quite a lot, but he seems to feel that they are going to help.  Lamictal and Seraquel had been slowly ramped to the dosages they are now.  I think he is getting to the point on where do we go from here. I wake up with anxiety and it slowly goes away during the day.  I am not that familiar with this disorder, having only heard of bipolar.  Any feed back welcome.  Thanks.
Klonopin is of an anti-anxiety medication and since it is titrated for 3 times a day the blood level of it may lessen overnight and its helpful effect lessen. The other medications you are taking may have some an anxiety help as well depending. It might be worthwhile to speak to your psychiatrist about when you take the various medications and when you experience anxiety episodes and they could then make further decisions about what would be the appropriate titration for them within their discretion.
Thanks. I seem to doing better.  He thinks it is the higher dose of Seraquel.  I have a question, though.  Have you or anyone you  know ever ordered meds from the internet?  The serquel costs me $120 per month and that is with insurance!  I have heard of people doing it but have also heard that they are not as effective.  I ask you as you seem very knowledgeable about meds.  Thanks.