Bipolar Disorder Community
bipolar patient under quietipine and nextop
About This Community:

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bipolar patient under quietipine and nextop

Hello,

My father is undergoing treatment for bipolar&manic depression and He is going good. except for a obsession and denial of reality.
what I understood is, He is extremely talkative in mornings with mother and nagging her claiming she loves her sisters more than him!(strange). He asks mother to stop have any contacts with them. if any of mother's relatives comes to our house, he will not react at all neither confront them or talk to them.  
He is too possessive yet uses provocative words with mother. she is weak and cannot bear the abuse too much. Actually, Mother is not keen on her relatives too. But My Father, He Cannot understand this and He is completely in Denial. I know it is a psychiatric Issue.

Currently, Father is taking Quitipine SR  50(1-0-1) and nextop(topiramate) 25 in the morning and nextop 50 in the evening by our doctor(psychiatrist). He has improved a lot including his earlier behaviour manic phases where He is too  overconfident and messes up . Father's Problem started just over an year now. He was taking topirol 50 till january 2010. but, It was stopped without consulting doctor.(I am sorry for that) We were very satisfied and Daddy was also Happy until last march 2010 or so when He started showing Bipolar symptoms.

I am wondering Why there is no change in His Cognitive Capacity or Why He is still in Denial Mode?
Please Help Me with Your Opinion. Is there any need to change the dosage?

TIA+