Bipolar Disorder Community
bipolar

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

bipolar

does bypolar ever go away ?
No, it doesn't. Once you have it, you have it. However, with the right treatment, you can get to the point where it doesn't interfere with your life.
no, bipolar is a life-long disorder. However, it is possible to have extended periods of remission in which you are stable.
No, it does not.  The truth is best.
It doesn't go away, but it does get easier with time. You learn to adjust. The meds help reduce the time inbetween episodes, and reduce the severity of episodes. In some lucky people they never have another episode with the right medication.

It may seem overwhelming and a bit helpless right now. I am assuming you are new to bipolar because of your question. Getting the right set of meds takes time and patience. It is really important to develop a good working relationship with your psychiatrist.

There is no cure, but with good management you can lead a 'normal' (hate that word) life. There are many people like Kay Jameson who lead extraordinary lives. She wrote a book called An Unquiet Mind It is a very good read and if you are newly diagnosed I highly recommend it. That and the Bipolar Survival Guide.
No it dose not u have it for the rest of your life get used it